The Judy D. Zelnak Center of Hope opened in July 2013 and is home to all of The Salvation Army’s social ministries in Wake County, NC. The building was originally a 40,000 square foot 1950’s industrial building with an existing steel and brick structure. New construction took place to build the warehouse for donated materials. The center includes a women and children’s shelter, dental clinic, computer lab, playrooms, prayer room, indoor and outdoor recreation areas, 5,600 square foot storehouse for donations and emergency supplies, and administrative offices. New paving, landscaping, and facade changes revived the abandoned building and site to a modern facility built for LEED silver certification.