Originally built in 1969, Peterson Corners occupies 20,000-square-feet of space split between two, one-story buildings located in the Lower South End neighborhood. Cline Design’s Charlotte office occupies the entire building of 220 E. Peterson Drive, while Park Commercial Real Estate and SeamonWhiteside will occupy 230 E. Peterson Drive. The development is conveniently located a block away from our Bowers Fibers adaptive re-use project, and a short minutes walk to all the breweries and entertainment that the rapidly growing LoSo neighborhood has to offer.
7.22.20 | “Cline Design, Park Commercial to convert two warehouse buildings into new office space” Charlotte Business Journal
The Dowd is an adaptive re-use building intended for general office or design/showroom uses and is located at 120 W. Bland Street. The 8,400-square-foot single-story building will have 19 on-site parking spaces.
Chadbourn Mill is a renovation of a former hosiery mill built in the 1930’s. Visions for the project include a mixed-use village incorporating 40,000 sf of office space, local retail opportunities and a 4,000 sf restaurant, all adjacent to a walkable residential community. Taking cues from the historical context of the old mill buildings, the project maintains a historic aesthetic, while providing modern and inviting working, dining, and shopping experiences. Integrated landscape design and architecture connect the interior and exterior spaces creating a lively village feel.
The Avenues at Atherton is a 31,000-square-foot 1950’s shopping center reimagined as a social destination in Charlotte’s South End. It will have an attractive new look and offer six suites ranging from 2,034-square-feet to 6,000-square-feet. The new establishments’ tenants will include a mix of high-quality food and beverage establishments as well as a brewery, beer garden or tap house.
Formerly home to Mitchum Quality Snacks in the 1950’s, this two-building development is reimagined to include a mix of uses including a brewery, retail space and office space. The development was carefully woven into west Charlotte’s urban fabric that continues to experience tremendous growth including nearby multifamily and relocated businesses from around the area.
8.29.20 | “Charlotte’s west side is suddenly surging” Charlotte Business Journal
6.5.19 | “Legion Brewing to add third location at adaptive-reuse project near uptown” Charlotte Business Journal
Bowers Fibers is a 50,000-square-foot renovation and conversion of an existing cotton storage warehouse. The vision for the project, which includes multiple buildings, was to create a mixed-use community-friendly environment providing office, and large- and small-scale local retail opportunities. With over 25,000-square-feet of outdoor space and pedestrian roadways, Bowers Fibers is a new destination for visitors, shoppers and professionals. The walkable site promotes community inclusion and a healthy, sustainable lifestyle with gathering spaces for people to meet and connect.
11.21.19 | “Adaptive-reuse sale in Lower South End could set the stage for similar deals in Charlotte” Charlotte Business Journal
9.13.19 | “Finalists revealed for CBJ’s Heavy Hitters program, recognizing the region’s best developments” Charlotte Business Journal
5.16.19 | “How They Are Remaking History” Charlotte Business Journal
4.21.17 | “Firm snags Bowers Fiber building in lower South End for $7.9M” Charlotte Business Journal
Powerhouse Square is an adaptive reuse project anchored by two national Historic Register structures built by Carolina Power & Light over 70 years ago. The project includes restaurants, shops, offices and a structured parking deck. The original Powerhouse Building houses Southend Brewery and Smokehouse, a restaurant and micro-brewery. The historic Garage Building accommodates the offices of Cline Design on the upper level and Napper Tandy’s Irish Pub, on the lower level. A later vintage Service Building serves as office and retail space. Structured parking supports the increased traffic generated by the development. This development received an Anthemion Award for Outstanding Historic Renovation from Capital Area Preservation in 2000 and a Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Community Appearance in 1999..
Located in the Powerhouse Square Redevelopment within the burgeoning, mixed-use Glenwood South District of Downtown Raleigh, Clouds Brewing is a 5,500-square-foot gastropub that envelops it’s shell building’s industrial heritage for design inspiration. The rustic and industrial character permeates all of its materials and details within the space, and the finishes allow the historic structure to express itself in an honest manner. The Clouds Brewing gastropub architecturally conveys the process of sourcing, preparing and producing craft food and beverages.
Powerhouse Square was an adaptive reuse project anchored by two national Historic Register structures built by Carolina Power & Light over 70 years ago. The project includes restaurants, shops, offices and a structured parking deck. In 2014, Cline renovated their 12,000 square foot office, as well as Clouds Brewing in the lower level of the garage building.
The original Powerhouse Building housed Natty Greens Brewery, a restaurant and micro-brewery. Structured parking supports the increased traffic generated by the development. This development received an Anthemion Award for Outstanding Historic Renovation from Capital Area Preservation in 2000 and a Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Community Appearance in 1999.